Cold Frame Update 2

Ah.. the all the cold frame crops have germinated - all but my 'Little Finger' carrots, which grow just 9 cm (about 3-inches) long! I expect to see the tiny sprouts sometime this week. It's so nice to see the little seedlings growing so quickly in that protected enviroment.. the arugula only took 2 days to pop up, while the lettuce, tatsoi and beets took about 4 to 5 days. I've been keeping the cover down and raising it up about 6 inches on warm days.

I also managed to fill up the other side with my good garden soil (Happy Mother's Day!) and planted it yesterday! I put in more greens, round baby carrots, radishes and Pak choi.. so exciting!

This is a strange year for the garden, as all my planning is revolving around photography for the book.. an interesting learning experience though! I've been planting so many hardy greens for the first photo shoot (in June), that we'll have a bumper crop of greens ready to eat all at the same time! Maybe I'll have to try to break the world record for the largest gourmet salad!

Happy Gardening!
Cold Frame Update 2 Cold Frame Update 2 Reviewed by Tegal on 11:26 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.