Labor Day red sauce

tomatoes 082tomato sauce 116
A fitting tribute to a super summer growing season, I made a big pot of red sauce today from my tomatoes! It's the first time in years that I've had enough tomatoes to do this. It included a mix of San Marzano Gigante, New Girl, Brandywine and Purple Calabash tomatoes. I added some of my onions and peppers. Also oregano, thyme and chives.

We had some of the fresh sauce on pasta tonight and it is fantastic!!!

I will freeze the rest.

I have been picking my tomatoes as soon as they turn a bit red and keeping them in a wooden box that I found at a local wine store. Today I used all of the red tomatoes, then washed and replaced the green ones to continue ripening.

tomatoes 076 tomatoes 100
Labor Day red sauce Labor Day red sauce Reviewed by Tegal on 9:51 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.