Winter Twigs


I've been inspired by Elizabeth's walk around her Trees on the Boundary to finally get around to downloading the Woodland Trust's guide to Winter Twigs. Whilst I'm already familiar with a number of the common hedgerow species, there's still a few others I'd like to identify when I'm out walking.

The picture shows just half of the guide: I decided to fold my printed A4 sheet in half and laminate it so it'll last longer. The resultant A5 size makes it handier for keeping in my jacket's map pocket too. You'll see from the picture I've picked up a twig from our garden, to show you how the guide makes it really easy to identify our most common deciduous trees.

The Woodland Trust do a number of useful guides in their Nature Detectives series, including one which helps to look for the early signs of spring. Both this and the twigs guide could be useful activities for next week's half term holiday, if the weather permits :)
Winter Twigs Winter Twigs Reviewed by Tegal on 3:30 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.