The seeds I order from johnny's came yesterday, pretty fast for cross border shipping I must say. In fact so fast my growing area is not set up yet. It shouldn't take me much longer though, I have painted the walls and have put the new ceiling tiles in, kind of sprucing up the basement lately. All I have left to do is hang the adjustable shelves, hang the light and I will be ready to go as well as share my grow light setup.

I have also started to save the seed from the cherry tomatoes from the grocery store. Being from the grocery store I have no idea if I will end up with what I purchased but it is worth a try. To save the seed I just cut them open, scooped out the seed into a bowl and added a little bit of water. I will then let them mold a little bit to release the seed jell, rinse, drain and dry. I hope they come true as those zebra ones are pretty cool and tasty.
Kind of hard to see but the seed jell is
red & green just like the tomato
I am also going to do a few seed trades with fellow veggie bloggers. In return for some of my varieties I am going to be receiving
Variegated Tomato seed from
Ottawa Gardener and
Pink Berkely Tie Dye seed for
Judy. I am also going to share some of my Cherokee Purple seed with
Skeeter to go with her purple peppers she grew last year. This tomato seed swap stuff is kind of fun.
Lastly I have been watching the icicles grow larger and larger over my veggie trellis and cold frame. I am beginning to think I should have thought of this before I placed my cold frame there. Lets hope they don't let loose all at once or I may not have any glass left.
Taken on this beautiful yet frigid day, -15c(5f) with the wind chill feeling more like -25c(-13f)