Scotts EcoSense Weed B Gon w/ Iron Review

A few days ago I tried out the sample of Weed B Gon sent to me by Scotts. Here goes a quick update on the product. It is used to control weeds in lawns and it is deprived from iron which makes it a natural product. When absorbed by broad-leafed plants, oxidation occurs inside the plant. This destroys the cell walls, thus killing the plant. The grass plants have very thin leaves and do not absorb much of the solution so they are not affected.

Following the directions I had to wait for the weather to cool below 30c and for the lawn to not be drought stressed. With the condition just right I made sure to shake the container well and then I applied it liberally to the weeds. I also took note that the lawn in the area sprayed may darken but will bounce back quickly. Here goes a before and after of the weeds I tested it on:

Above is a before & after of a treated Dandelion. Within a day the Dandelion had turned black and 5 days later all that was left was a hole in the lawn.

Here we have Common Plantain. Again it showed signs of dying within a day and a few days later the leaves are very much dead. The stems are still green but I imagine they won't last long without leaves.

The last weed I test it on was Creeping Charlie. I find this to be the worst weed to keep ahead of in our lawn. The product again worked really well and killed all the Creeping Charlie in the area.

To wrap things up I must say this product worked really well. It killed every weed I applied it too without harming the lawn. I didn't even notice any darkening of the lawn. I also find the idea of spot treating to be much better then the broad spraying of previous selective weed killers. Definitely something I will be using in the future.
Scotts EcoSense Weed B Gon w/ Iron Review Scotts EcoSense Weed B Gon w/ Iron Review Reviewed by Tegal on 7:56 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.