I have also done a bit of work in the veggie patch over the weekend. Those huge icicles overhanging my coldframe really started to freak me out so I had to do something about it. I got all bundled up, grabbed my shovel and ice scraper and proceeded to un-capsulate the coldframe. After I had all the snow and ice off, I then ripped down some plywood and covered up the glass. Now I can relax that my coldframe will make it through the winter without shattering. Next year I will definitely be relocating it.
Veggies Update
Two posts in a row, must be a new record for my blog. I am posting again so soon because I have some exciting news. Last night, Jan 26th at about 11pm I noticed my first two onion sprouts. This is very exciting and extremely fast, it only took 5 days for them to start sprouting. I have started plants from seed since I was about 7 or 8 years old and it is still exciting to observe. Today there is all kinds of onions popping up in the 'Prince' storage onion pot but no sign of any 'Armador' shallots yet.
I have also done a bit of work in the veggie patch over the weekend. Those huge icicles overhanging my coldframe really started to freak me out so I had to do something about it. I got all bundled up, grabbed my shovel and ice scraper and proceeded to un-capsulate the coldframe. After I had all the snow and ice off, I then ripped down some plywood and covered up the glass. Now I can relax that my coldframe will make it through the winter without shattering. Next year I will definitely be relocating it.
I also snapped a few shots of the little bit of life that exists currently:
I have also done a bit of work in the veggie patch over the weekend. Those huge icicles overhanging my coldframe really started to freak me out so I had to do something about it. I got all bundled up, grabbed my shovel and ice scraper and proceeded to un-capsulate the coldframe. After I had all the snow and ice off, I then ripped down some plywood and covered up the glass. Now I can relax that my coldframe will make it through the winter without shattering. Next year I will definitely be relocating it.
