
There is not much to update on the veggie front so I thought I would share some photos of the plants under the grow light. Since setting up the light again in Janurary I have cut things back a bit and spread every thing out. They have responded well and have some fresh growth.

With the fresh growth some aphids showed up on one of the geraniums. These little creatures are nothing to really worry about but they should be taken care of before they reproduce to much. I am not sure where these came from, maybe some dormant eggs from last fall. Either way, being that geraniums respond well to being pruned I just sniped the top of the plant off outside and put it back under the light. I will now have to watch for them and spray accordingly with soap and water.

I am very happy to see that one of the dwarf variegated bougainvillea cuttings has taken root. I have tried to take cuttings from the mother plant a few times without much success. I have had this boug for a few years now and it grows to a nice bush form about 2-3 feet high with vibrant fuschia coloured flowers or in this case I should call them bracts.

Not much growth on the lemon although I think is has grown slightly. I hope once I get it outside in April/May it will grow large enough to make something with it, even if it is one glass of lemonade.
Being that today was a whopping 6c(42f) I headed out into the sunny backyard to poke around. There was many signs of life although you have to get pretty close up which is very evident by my muddy knee's and elbow's.

Mossy path

Tiarella 'Stargazer Mercury' (Foam Flower)

Paeonia 'Krinkled White' (Herbaceous Peony)
Heucherella ‘Sunspot’ (Foamy Bells, a hybird cross with Tiarella & Heuchera)