Bean, Purple Podded Pole
Eggplant, Rose Bianca
Melon, Petite Gris
Lettuce, Yugoslavian RedWith these photos how could you resist? I have order from the SSE since I started growing heirloom tomatoes 4 years ago. They always have a nice mix of interesting things and they do good work saving seed.
Well on the topic of seeds, I have started typing up some html code for my seed inventory table that I will be posting shortly. The problem with the table is it has brought to light the number of vegetable varieties I am planning on growing this year, 50. I started out thinking I needed 25 rows and ended with 50! It is going to be a challenge to find a spot for all these veggies even with the expanding I am going to do. Good thing I am only growing a couple plants of many of the varieties and some will be grown in pairs like the two squash and melon varieties. It will be a full garden for sure.
Lastly, I just had to snap this photo for EG over at Our Engineered Garden . This is one of the cities compost yards and just look at the stem rolling off that pile of wood chips. It looks like they are turning these chips into compost. The yard started with this pile and then there was 4 more piles working all the way down to a pile of compost. It was -8c(18f) when I took this photo, it must really be cooking to be steaming in this weather.
Well on the topic of seeds, I have started typing up some html code for my seed inventory table that I will be posting shortly. The problem with the table is it has brought to light the number of vegetable varieties I am planning on growing this year, 50. I started out thinking I needed 25 rows and ended with 50! It is going to be a challenge to find a spot for all these veggies even with the expanding I am going to do. Good thing I am only growing a couple plants of many of the varieties and some will be grown in pairs like the two squash and melon varieties. It will be a full garden for sure.

