
I checked the propagator this morning and was pleasantly surprised to see three tomatoes had germinated already. I planted these in the evening on Feb 16th and they had germinated by the morning of Feb 20th. If my math is correct, it only took approx. 96hrs, can't complain about that. This morning the propagator was at 28c(82.5f) and I am guessing about 100% humidity. I think the key to getting these warm season crops germinating fast is warm temps & high humidity. This must be why many gardeners have good luck with the zip lock bag method of germinating.

Well I had the camera I took a photo of the yellow onions & shallots, they are doing pretty well. They are however a little floppy even after my trimming. I think this is caused by lack of water, onions like even moisture and I have not been very good at providing this condition. Last night I put them in the laundry sink and filled it with water until it was just below the rim of the pot. I then let them soak for about 15 minutes and then let them drain well. They are much more perky this morning, now that the soil is good and saturated I will have to make sure to not let them dry out again.
Tomorrow I will do an update on the outdoor veggie garden.