Subbath's Strain Brandywine (the original brandywine)
Chocolate Stripes
Jersey Devil
Giant Belgium
Siletz
Dixie Golden Giant
Black Zebria (saved from the grocery store)
Pink Berkely Tie Dye (from Judy's SFG)
Variegated Tomato (from Veggie Patch Re-Imagined )
Purple Calabash (from Skippy's Vegetable Garden )
Hillbilly Potato Loaf
Cherokee Purple
I have been thinking I have gotten a little ahead of myself with all these tomatoes. I am planing on trying three topsy turvy planters this season so that will free up some space well utilizing my vertical real estate. I am also planning on adding two addition raised beds at the top of the veggie patch. This will provide me with a long narrow bed for a couple trellises as well as more tomato room. I think with these additions I can just fit 12 tomato plants into the veggie patch.
This is the planned improvements.This season I am also going to grow my tomatoes in the ground except for the topsy turvy planters. I have grown tomatoes in large pots for the last 4 years, although they have done well it really is a waste of space and they need constant watering. In the spring the city gives away free leaf compost so I am going to try and get enough to fill the two raised beds. I can then grow the tomatoes in 100% leaf mold compost, it is literally black gold.
