I was lucky to find these lingering in the crisper, they are a little
small but they should amount to something.
in a typical sized bag of top soil for drainage.
the top down. I then stuck the seed potato into the bag and topped
that will a few inches of soil.
for potted potatoes & tomatoes as well as herb, rhubarb and sunflowers.
Now my only concern is light penetrating the bags and turning the potatoes green. By the time they start growing I will have double bagged them into black plastic bags to stop the risk of having green potatoes.
Once the plants grow about 6" I will roll the bag up, fill it with the remaining soil to replicate hilling and hopefully harvest some early reds in July. If this approach works well I will start them early in the poly tunnel next year for an extra early crop.
Once the plants grow about 6" I will roll the bag up, fill it with the remaining soil to replicate hilling and hopefully harvest some early reds in July. If this approach works well I will start them early in the poly tunnel next year for an extra early crop.
