
Finally I have some pole beans growing. The first sowing rotted in the soil so the second ones I presprouted in paper towel and planted. I then had all the kentucky blue poles germinate but the purple podded poles rotted again. But...

mother nature did not beat me this time because I also started beans indoors and they all germinated. So the kentucky blues that germinated in the soil will remain and I will plant these two in place of the two purple podded that rotted. Next year I will start all beans in potting soil indoors, as they had almost perfect germination.

Here is the double row of dragon tongue beans that were planted a little over a month ago. They are getting to a good size but no blooms yet. I except them soon.

This is ones of the two vermont cranberry beans that didn't rot. These seeds came from a trade with
The Conservative Gardener so I didn't have enough seed to replant them. I will let the two grow this season to use as seed stock for next season.

Lastly here are some bulging crimson flowered broad beans and the seed for these came from
Down on the Allotment. These are a cool season bean and once I harvest them they will come out and make way for fall crops.