Kansas City Rub: This is a sweet rub that is good on anything that will be cooked on low indirect heat. I found the recipe on about.com along with many other bbq rub recipes.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup paprika
- 1 tablespoon each of black pepper, salt, chili powder, garlic powder & onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
Kohlrabi Slaw: Over time I have made my own slaw recipe and it always seems to change. Below are the ingredients that I add and adjust until the slaw is a nice mix of sweet, sour, & creamy.
- shredded kohlrabi or cabbage
- shredded carrot
- mayonnaise (of the real variety!)
- white sugar
- cider vinegar
- s&p
- onion powder (fresh onions can be used but they tend to be a little strong)
For the shrimp:
- shrimp
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 each of salt, pepper & paprika
- 1 tablespoon of garlic (powder or fresh)
- egg
In a shallow bowl combine all ingredients except the egg. In another bowl whisk egg with a little water. Dip the shrimp in the egg wash, then the coconut mixture and pan fry in butter until just cooked.
For the risotto:
- risotto
- water
- cream
- butter
- salt
- peas
I followed the package direction for the rice expect I used 1/4 cream and 3/4 water for the required amount of liquid. Well the rice was cooking I hulled the peas and then pureed half well keeping half whole. Once the rice was cooked through and creamy I added the pureed & whole peas along with the butter & salt. I then allow it to cook for about 4-5minutes until the peas were just cooked well still retaining a little crunch.
