For this Thursday's garden meal I decided to make chicken enchiladas with green chili sauce. I had eight beautiful anaheim chili's (Big Chili II) ready for harvest so I figures green chili sauce was warranted. Here goes the recipe:
Chicken Enchiladas: I kind of winged this recipe so I'm not sure how authentic it is
In a pot heat oil, add onions, garlic, cumin & chili powder and cook until softened. Then add the lime juice, stained tomatoes & chicken thighs and season with salt. Cook this mixture on medium/low heat until the chicken is very tender. Once cooked use two forks to shred chicken. Once done keep on low heat until ready to use. Now add a little oil to a pan and place on high heat. Once the oil is hot start toasting the tortillas until they go limp. Then add shredded chicken, cheese & sour cream to the tortillas and roll up placing the cut side down in a baking dish. Once the dish is full top with green chili sauce & cheese and bake at 375f for 10-20 minutes until the cheese is melted & brown.
- 2 lbs green chili's, roasted & peeled (How to roast/peel peppers)
- 2-3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- juice of a 1/4 lime
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1-2 hot peppers (optional)
- 1 cup good chicken stock
Chicken Enchiladas: I kind of winged this recipe so I'm not sure how authentic it is
- olive oil
- one small onion, finely chopped
- two cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- juice of half a lime
- half a bottle of strained tomatoes
- six boneless/skinless chicken thighs
- salt
- lightly toasted tortillas
- mozzarella cheese
- sour cream
In a pot heat oil, add onions, garlic, cumin & chili powder and cook until softened. Then add the lime juice, stained tomatoes & chicken thighs and season with salt. Cook this mixture on medium/low heat until the chicken is very tender. Once cooked use two forks to shred chicken. Once done keep on low heat until ready to use. Now add a little oil to a pan and place on high heat. Once the oil is hot start toasting the tortillas until they go limp. Then add shredded chicken, cheese & sour cream to the tortillas and roll up placing the cut side down in a baking dish. Once the dish is full top with green chili sauce & cheese and bake at 375f for 10-20 minutes until the cheese is melted & brown.
