It has been a while since I have done a Tuesdays photography post so I thought I would do one today that focuses on the veggie garden.

'Double Yield' Cucumber - excellent variety and is loaded with beautiful cukes like this

Compatto Dill - this is a great variety that grows nice and compact.
It will soon go into homemade dill pickles.

Delicata Squash - This one looks vigorous so it should be the first one to
actually set. The seed for this squash was shared by
Skippy's Vegetable Garden
Red Kuri Squash, male bloom - This is a Japanese squash.

Red Kuri Squash, female bloom - This may also be the first one to actually set.

Purple Pepper, not yet purple though - This is the first fruit and there are many more blooms coming. The seed for this pepper was shared by
Annie's Kitchen Garden
Vermont Cranberry Bean - this is a dry bean and it is just starting to set beans as you can see in the bottom right. The seed for this bean was shared by
The Conservative Gardener
Velvet Red Cherry Tomato - This is a cool tomato that has white fuzzy fruit and leaves. The seed for this was also shared by
The Conservative Gardener
Hillbilly Potato Loaf Tomatoes - There is lots of these big green heirlooms in the garden.
I am impatiently waiting for them to ripen. Although I have had a few tomatoes ripen already
there really is nothing better then one that has ripened in the August heat.

I have left this photo full sized encase you would like to click to see the full sized version. The tomatoes have truly gone mental latley. Most of the vines have grown over the cages and across the bed. That means most stems are seven feet long or more! Shortly I will be employing some long bamboo cranes and doing a combination of staking and pruning. As it stands now I can barely find the fruits!