Now that we are into the later developed tomatoes it is perfect timing to start saving tomato seeds. I have posted about this topic before and have done a how to which can be found the following link. I am not saving a lot of tomato seed this year because I still have lots left but I do need to replenish a few and what's better then replenishing for free. First I am saving Porkchop, Velvet Red & Purple Calabash because I received them in trades and only have a few seeds left. I am also out of Cherokee Purple seeds so I am saving lots of them, future trades anyone? The only tomato I need to save seed from now is Pink Berkley Tie Dye, I hope some fruit ripens before the blight takes over.Well on the blight topic, the weather is forcasted to be rather dry for the next couple weeks. This should presumably slow down the blight and I hope I can harvest most to the remain tom's. This is the first year I have had blight in the six years I have grown tomatoes. Our summers are usually fairly warm and dry so I have never had this problem. I guess there is a first for everything.
I am also taking advantage of the dry weather to paint the porch. It was painted three years ago and has started to peel in a few places so I need to get on top of it before it goes to crap. I have about 50' of railing & posts to paint. I am painting the railing & posts light green to match the siding and the balusters, all 150ish of them, will be painted white to match the soffits. Should be excruciating.
