More planting....

I put in a few more cool season crops tonight ever though I am a little under the weather again. Not sure what the deal is this spring but I have been ill like three times. I think I need to eat more of my spinach!

The half barrel was the first thing to be planted. I am growing an assortment of things in it that I will show below:

three early jersey wakefield cabbages, seed from Yan @
Soggy Creek Seed Co. This is the variety that grows like
a cone head.

Filling in around the cabbage will be black seeded simpson
lettuce from seed shared by Alex. I seeded quite a few to
utilize the thinning's as they grow.

In the center I planted a tuscano kale. I seeded quite a
few kale but only two germinated. It should still be good
though, a person only needs so much kale.

The last of the brassica's to be plant was a row of four Jade Cross Hybrid Brussels Sprouts. This will be my third time trying brussels sprouts after two previous failures. I am hopeful this will be the year that I harvest some reasonable sprouts!

I also planted up a cell pack of iceburg lettuce (again from Alex) and buttercrunch lettuce. They will be grown in the polytunnel and planted out after a few weeks.

To ends things off a photo of this beetle that was in the pepper plants. It looks like a ladybug but it is more elongated and more pink then red. Any ideas what it is?
More planting.... More planting.... Reviewed by Tegal on 9:10 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.