Busy weekend



Phew! I'm tired already and the weekend is only 1/2 over! Yesterday, the kids helped me dig the new spot for the sunflower house - when I say 'help', I mean watch and offer random pieces of advice. I'll post photos in the next day or two - it's pouring out, so no chance to snap a few right now.. It's funny how my soil seems to grow such nice rocks - big ones too! After prying out about a dozen large rocks from the sunflower house, I'm just glad my shovel didn't break! Happy Mother's Day to me!

Then, we made a quick pre-rain trip to the Halifax Public Gardens.. take a look at these beauties! I just love Fritillaria imperalis - so gorgeous! They're also unpalatable to deer - just another great reason to love them..

We also seeded a half dozen types of sunflowers indoors under the lights. Once the risk of frost has passed in early June, we'll plant them around the sunflower house, along with some marigolds, zinnias and purple pole beans! The beans will eventually create a roof on the house and the kids can munch on the pretty purple beans that hang down.. sounds like a nice place for me to relax with a good book!

I'm also looking forward to this coming week.. my 'garden gal' neighbours and I are going on a plant road trip! We'll be heading down the south shore to The Briar Patch, Village Nursery and Oceanview Nursery and Landscaping.. the only problem is - how many plants can three people get in 1 car? Time will tell!

Happy Gardening and Happy Mother's Day!
Busy weekend Busy weekend Reviewed by Tegal on 2:51 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.