Dislocated Shoulders and Crazy Weather

What a few days it has been! I've been busy with my book photographer Joe, taking photos of many of the veggie in my garden, as well as nearby gardens.. This is Joe's second trip up from Alabama, but I don't know if he's ever seen the sun in Nova Scotia. After record temperatures and hot, humid weather, it turned damp and cool as soon as Joe set foot on our soil.. Then, it started to rain. and rain. and torrential rain! When the rain slowed to a drizzle, we darted outside to get some shots at my neighbour Faye's amazing garden (and her dill pickles! I hope to include that recipe in the book!). Then, we headed to Chester, where Joe tripped over some chicken wire, while holding his two cameras.. down, down, down he went and landed on his shoulder, dislocating it!! Unbelievable!

Then, Joe was introduced to Canadian health care.. off we went to the Lunenburg hospital, where he was seen immediately and within 3 hours was drugged up, his shoulder reset and then finally released.. what an ordeal for him! Not being one to sit around and whine, he was ready to shoot yesterday and we managed to still get most of the photographs from our shot list..

Here's the funny thing about photographers - when we were at the hospital, he was in intense pain, hooked up to oxygen, and IV and various other contraptions.. he looks at me and says in a pain-filled voice, "Get the camera and take some pictures." I thought he was kidding, but nope, he really wanted photos.. only a photographer! I promised that I'd put them on the blog, so as soon as I figure out how to get my blackberry photos on the blog, I'll post them..

One more shoot today at the fabulous gardens of http://gardeningbren.blogspot.com and we're done and then he's back to Alabama.. at least until late September when he returns (if he dares!) for shoot #3..

Happy Gardening!
Dislocated Shoulders and Crazy Weather Dislocated Shoulders and Crazy Weather Reviewed by Tegal on 6:09 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.