But what does it mean?


Does all Art - Garden Art included - have to mean something?

I was brought up to see art for art's sake....Joel Selmeier, a talented Peace Pole artist, feels the same and in his blog he counsels us not to 'cerebralize' the way we see art...

Georgia O'Keefe

He writes,
"...Once I was walking through a museum when I passed an art teacher leading a group of senior citizens in an art appreciation course. I tried not to appear too dismayed.


 "When you look at this painting, look at this person in this window and think of the relationship that must exist between this person and the one on the floor below.

Think up a story that connects the two people."

Oh, for god's sake.

Is Mozart improved by noting chord changes?...


One of my works was hanging on a wall when a viewer asked me what it means. The artist standing next to him said, "You can't ask an artist that."

That is true for gardens too...


After all my talk about scale, proportion, color, sun and shade..it all boils down to 'How Does It Make You Feel?'

Serenity Gardens are meant to make you feel relaxed and at peace...A natural anti-depressant....

My aim in this blog is to help others learn how to create outdoor spaces, big and small, that calm people and feel tranquil...


So if you are asked 'what does it mean?'
just answer,
"well, how do you feel?"

But what does it mean? But what does it mean? Reviewed by Tegal on 6:57 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.