planting more garlic

planting garlic

Last week my son planted 40 cloves of garlic. I planted another 60 cloves today - finally. The wind was very chilly and not much is left in my garden plot. After planting I pulled a blanket of salt hay over the cloves.

Yesterday I had looked up how much garlic I planted last year - 100 cloves. This seemed like a perfect amount, so I planted the same number of cloves again this year. This great thing is that this year what I planted is all garlic that I grew myself. So it was FREE!

Last year I bought 4 nice varieties if garlic from Territorial and Johnny's paying about $40 as I remember. I was hoping I was right in my thinking that this was a one time investment and that after this I could now grow my own garlic in successive years. So far so good. 100 cloves is about 12-15 heads of garlic and was about 10% of last year's crop.
planting more garlic planting more garlic Reviewed by Tegal on 10:56 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.