Harvest Monday

A wee Harvest Monday today. Harvesting has really slowed down now. There are a few hardy vegetables left but I am only harvesting them as needed. In terms of true fall crops things a pretty dismal this year because I never planted many. My plan is to try and transplant some things soon into the poly tunnel in hopes of extending the harvests.

I dug up some Parsnips and was pretty surprised at the size of most of them. This bunch weight in at 2lbs 1oz. The cores were pretty fibrous so I just cut out that part. There are still lots of parsnips in the garden, probably more then I need. Unless I need some I am just leaving them in until the ground starts freezing. They can also be left in and dug in the spring before they bolt.

I also cut some more Red Celery. This bunch is not overly red at the base due to shading. Next season I need to give them more spacing so they get redder. The celery and parsnips went into a batch of chicken pot pie.

These snap dragons are still going strong even with the heavy frost we have been having. They were sown this spring from seed shared by Granny.
Harvest Monday Harvest Monday Reviewed by Tegal on 10:50 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.