Thanksgiving menu

The big feast is just around the corner now! I am starting to figure out what I have to serve to the 6 guests (and one dog) who will join us for dinner. I will get a turkey tomorrow morning (should I hunt a wild turkey in the fields or go to Star Market?). I will also be making breads all day tomorrow.

I heard a great stuffing recipe on the TV the other day that I will try. Chez Henri's Turkey Stuffing. It sounds fantastic with fennel, celery, onion, chorizo sausage and fruits.

Turkey - Orange and bourbon-brined BBQ turkey from "Grill It!" by Schlesinger, Willoughby
Stuffing - Chez Henri recipe
Gravy
Mashed potatoes (home grown)
Home baked breads (corn bread, basic white and pumpernickel from Beard on Bread)
Sweet potatoes (my potatoes, Mom's recipe)
Creamed onions (Mom's recipe)
Cranberry sauce
BBQ baby back ribs (thought we'd add something non-traditional)
Broccoli (maybe I will have some in my cold frame - maybe not)
Green salad

I will go out and check the salad greens in my cold frame tomorrow. Maybe there will be enough. Maybe there will be broccoli too. I haven't checked in a couple weeks. I'll check before I go to te grocery store, just in case.
Thanksgiving menu Thanksgiving menu Reviewed by Tegal on 8:53 AM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.