The reality of a house.

We do have a house in Seri Iskandar Perak which we never stay even for a day. It has been rented out for years.  Before we can really stay in a house we can call our own, we do have to hop around, renting houses again and again. For three years we have been calling that nice semi detached bungalow in Putrajaya as home, now  is a cute 4 bed room single storey little house in Tanah Merah, Kelantan. The house is new. I am thinking whether buying is the better option than just renting....

 front view, more on left side
 front view, more on right side
 the left side of the house
 the left side, closer.

at the back of the house

I have to wait for a week or so for water and electricity to be in, so in the meantime I have to put up with temporary accommodation, thanks to Wan Azlan for his kindness. Kakdah and the rest will stay in Bangi until the boys finish their studies or when the two think they are alright to be on their own. Abang Long, Abang Din and Abang Man had been checking on me, if I am alright here. Honestly I am not here to die but to continue living with some decent legacy to leave behind, at least on my gardening adventure. Government has been yelling about agrotech, I may just grab and see it through. Haha.. I am already eying on a six acre oil palm plot not far away.

The space around the house is quite a handful for another gardening adventure. I am aware of Kelantan unique weather, very much closer to Thailand and having the large South China Sea as it's waterfront. For Kakdah, going to Kelantan is like coming home, looking for the long lost roots. She is a third generation Kelantanese. Her grandfather and grandmother moved down to Sitiawan years ago from Pintu Geng area. She still has some relatives around here. For me, the root is Kedah as Wan Mat Saman fourth generation. Venturing out of one's cocoon has been the trademark on both sides, for better or for worse. But the whole big place called Earth is for everyone to go about and settle down, to learn and to live.

I did some mental sketches, on the eventual look of my little vegetable garden in Tanah Merah. I hope it will develop into something unique, rich and memorable. First, I have to tame the soil of kelantan and the weather too , before I get too complacent. The other day I saw an elderly digging nearby which tickled my gardening passion. He will soon be my gardening associate... or friend... or pal.

To those who may wonder if the flood here has any of my tears, rest assured that everything is perfectly alright. I am coming home and my little vegetable will stay. Tasya and her family can drive up here and bring along the eldest, which I hear a lot but never see and hold. Yanti being a Kelantanese too, may want to drop by and check if Tanah Merah is really that red. Ustaz, Zaki, Wan Zainudin and many others are true sons of Kelantan and I may need them for protection against thugs or gedebe !... haha

The benchmark of Putrajaya has been set, 
now Tanah Merah knows exactly where to hit and dig!

Cheers, there will be more...

bangchik

The reality of a house. The reality of a house. Reviewed by Tegal on 9:26 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.