All I Want For Christmas Is...

Hmmmmmmm.. what do I want for Christmas this year..? Besides a large glass greenhouse (c'mon, a girl can dream!), I guess I wouldn't mind a few of the following:

Books:

There are some great new gardening books that are starting to arrive in bookstores, including The Week-by-Week Vegetable Gardener's Handbook by the father-daughter team of Ron and Jennifer Kujawski. It is an interactive calendar workbook that one can customize by using their own first and last frost dates - what a great idea! It hits bookstores on December 13th - just in time for the holidays..

Also, look for Growing Tasty Tropical Plants in Any Home, Anywhere, by Laurelynn Martin and Byron Martin. It was featured on Martha Stewart recently!

Gift Certificates:


Who says a gift certificate isn't a personal gift? I love getting a gift certificate to a favourite nursery, greenhouse or seed catalogue! I bet all you gardeners out there will agree wholeheartedly! Some of my favourite places include Halifax Seed, Annapolis Seeds, Johnny's Seeds, Renee's Garden, Bloom Greenhouse, Oceanview Garden Center and Landscaping and Village Nursery.. I could go on (and on and on), but I should probably stop there..

By the way, this photo is of me with Owen Bridge of Annapolis Seeds and Dan Jason of Salt Spring Seeds.. they joined me on the radio show way back in the summer and since they are 'great Canadian seed men', I thought I'd post this photo!

Personalized Calendar:

Another great idea for the gardener in your life is a calendar of images from their garden.. If you have a gardener who loves to take photos of their plants and gardens, gather up some of the best images and use them to create a calendar.. easy and extremely thoughtful!

Tools:

I could also use another 'Scarecrow' motion activated sprinkler from Contech.. I have one, but since our veggie patch is divided into two separate gardens, one just doesn't do the trick when it comes to the deer. I found it to be extremely effective, but you need to remember to turn the water off before you go up to the garden in the morning - otherwise, you'll get a second shower! I'm embarrassed to say that this has happened to me more times than I care to admit!

Garden Art:

I would also love to get more pieces of garden art - my inspiration is found at http://gardeningbren.blogspot.com. Bren has the most wonderful eye for design and she has peppered fun, funky and elegant pieces throughout her edible and ornamental gardens..

Please remember to go to: http://www.avivacommunityfund.org/ideas/acf8033 to vote today for The Outdoor Classrom for Tantallon Elementary School if you get a chance - they really need as many votes as they can get! Plus, our children need the chance to learn where their food comes from and more about their natural environment.. thanks for voting!

Happy Gardening!

All I Want For Christmas Is... All I Want For Christmas Is... Reviewed by Tegal on 11:50 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.