Photos of the Day

That was some storm yesterday! We went up in the dark last night to adjust the mini hoop tunnels, as they were certainly whipped around in the 90 km/h winds!

I took these photos Sunday morning with the early sunshine.. this is 'outredgeous' red lettuce growing with mache.. completely in the open garden with no covering.. I had planned to eat the lettuce in mid-autumn, which would then be replaced by the succession crop of mache. Yet, the lettuce is still going strong!

I'm not surprised the mache is fine - it survives all winter in the open or under a thick blanket of snow, but I am shocked that this little red lettuce is still holding its own.. I've noticed that some of the red lettuces seem to be hardier than the green types.. hmmm... maybe an experiment for next year?!


Happy Tuesday!
Photos of the Day Photos of the Day Reviewed by Tegal on 7:49 PM Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.