I then ordered BTK or sometimes just called BT which is a organic insecticide that is used to control cabbage worms on all brassicas. It is applied every 7-10 days during the insects peak activity.
Finally I order black plastic mulch for the melons & peppers. It is used to sufficiently warm the soil early in the season so the melons & peppers will flourish. I did notice that a bio-degradable black mulch was available from most seed houses. I was planing on order it but then realize I would then have to reorder it every year which uses all kinds of hydrocarbons to make and get it to me so it is actually kind of a dumb product, for a home gardener at least.
The seeds will be sown this evening and I am very happy to be sowing on time! I think in the future I will use William Dam Seeds for all the ordinary veggies and I will only order the more unusual varieties from Pinetree Garden Seeds as they are so reasonably priced.
