I searched all over the yard and didn't find any remnants of the tomato so I am guessing that rules out the chipmunks. So it would appear that I will not be having early tomatoes this year and will just have to wait. What a bummer! I think next year I will be putting netting on the early tomatoes.
Mister Early Is Missing!
Well harvesting some things for Thursdays Garden Meal I thought I would check in on the tomato on Mister Early. This is what I found:
It would appear that some creature decided they wanted it more then I did. I am almost certain that it is not a creature of the human variety as the tomato was well hidden within the foliage. In fact it was rather hard to get a photo of because of its camouflage. So that leaves raccoons, skunks, possums, squirrels or that family of chipmunks that just moved into the yard. Anyone ever experience tomato theft?
I searched all over the yard and didn't find any remnants of the tomato so I am guessing that rules out the chipmunks. So it would appear that I will not be having early tomatoes this year and will just have to wait. What a bummer! I think next year I will be putting netting on the early tomatoes.
I searched all over the yard and didn't find any remnants of the tomato so I am guessing that rules out the chipmunks. So it would appear that I will not be having early tomatoes this year and will just have to wait. What a bummer! I think next year I will be putting netting on the early tomatoes.
